At Sprig, safety is more than compliance and policy, it is an investment to protect our number one asset; our people. Our awareness of the safety standards required to excel in today’s market leads us to enforce industry best practices versus minimum compliance. We have assembled an expert safety team dedicated to implementing initiatives throughout the field and our corporate offices. Our team focuses on leading safety indicators to better train our staff. We are committed to being proactive and instilling proper behaviors in our employees. This allows us to address safety issues before accidents happen.
Sprig has adopted the following safety protocols:
- All jobs are safety assessed regularly using latest third-party proprietary software
- Monthly foremen meetings for our field staff
- Injury & Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) & site-specific safety plans
- Weekly safety meetings, assessments and assignments for field employees across all job sites
- On-site safety facility along with a virtual learning management system
- Industry leading Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Sprig Emergency Response Team (SERT) for office staff
- In-house Authorized Outreach Trainers (construction & general industry)
- Safety is integrated into “Next Up New Foreman Training”
- OSHA-10 certification program for apprentice and JW team members & OSHA-30 certification program for all foreman and above
- AED, CPR, Ergonomic and First-Aid training offered to all office employees
- Maintains a field workforce of NFPA 70e qualified Union Electricians
Our safety record is the result of a firm commitment to mitigate risk throughout every part of company. Our Experience Modification Rate (EMR) is 0.68 and we maintain a Gold designation with ConstructSecure. One of Sprig’s missions is to hold ourselves to a higher reliability standard in Safety. Safety for Sprig projects begins in our estimating department and for our office staff it begins with our training program. We are continuously investing in new technology, equipment and educational programs to exceed expectations in our approach to safety.
As we continue to navigate the challenges surrounding the impacts of COVID-19 on our lives and businesses, we want you to know that Sprig Electric is here to support you. Learn More.