The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted our businesses, teams, and communities to a degree we’ve never seen in our lifetime. We want to assure you that our team has and continues to navigate this dynamic situation daily. Our teams from Safety, Field Office, Project Management, Procurement, and others have worked together and established/documented plans which made us well-positioned to return to work.
Our priority continues to be the health and welfare of both our team and yours. Our established plans, protocols, and PPE meet or exceed the guidelines and requirements from the CDC, CAL/OSHA, and county orders. Sprig’s “COVID-19 Exposure Control Plan” has provided clarity and information for all project stakeholders and Sprig employees on our protocols and procedures for all aspects of our safe return to work.
Outlined below are what you can expect from us:
- Employees who can work remotely have been asked to do so. We are maintaining only a minimum number of critical team members operating in our office, in order to maintain daily operations.
- We require those who continue to work within office locations to limit exposure through staggered work hours, social distancing, and PPE guidelines. Additionally, common areas have been closed within all office locations.
- Requiring employees who feel ill for any reason to stay home.
- Mandatory health screening questionnaire for all employees across jobsites and working within a Sprig office location.
- We are leveraging a number of technologies, allowing our remote team to continue to be available, connected, and productive.
- Other than critical deliveries, all visitors are prohibited across Sprig Electric offices and job sites.
- Both field and office employees have been introduced and trained on our “Exposure Control Plan” to ensure that we are executing safely and consistently across all offices and job sites.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and training on its use and sanitation guidelines has been issued to employees.
- COVID-19 action plans have been communicated to clients, partners and vendors.
- Sanitation and disinfection stations have been set-up throughout our office locations and provided to our jobsites for use by employees.
- Preparedness to notify clients and employees of potential COVID-19 cases and give status updates as information is available.
How you can help:
- Ensure and enforce that all job site personnel and visitors for all trades are adhering to and following the safety related guidelines and standards.
- If you haven’t already done so, provide any special instructions, protocols, and expectations you would like us to follow while working in or around your facility or job site.
- Communicate with our team any concerns on any aspect of the return to work so we can work together to address them.
The Sprig Electric Team