Building Information Modeling (BIM)
EFFICIENCY FROM DESIGN TO INSTALLATION
Where most companies are using Building Information Modeling (BIM) to only meet project requirements, Sprig is rising to the challenge in this area of our industry. Our BIM technology team uses 3D Revit to generate models and Naviswork to detect potential clashes between trades prior to the start of construction which improves estimates and reduces potential revisions during our installation process. The extra attention to detail results in lower labor costs for Sprig and our clients.
How we design
Revit, Design Master Electrical, and Evolve are used for our engineering design, prefabrication, scheduling and budgeting requirements across all projects. When projects are designed using Revit technology, it affords us the opportunity work together internally to resolve clash detections between our own equipment and other trades. Sprig's collaborative environment has allowed BIM to bridge the gap between our engineering, pre-planning and prefabrication teams ensuring our engineering and pre-planning equipment is modeled accurately. This allows for quicker Title 24 calculations and prefabrication assemblies.
Sprig utilizes BIM in the following areas of the construction process:
- Preconstruction and construction design in Revit
- Generate panel schedules, voltage drop, and short circuit in Revit
- Estimate and layout excavation for underground conduits
- Material take-off and order materials for models
- Schedule our electrical project based on the model
- Design construction review during the coordination and implementation process
- Provide Trimble points for stub-ups, underground trenches, overhead racks, overhead light fixtures and gear layouts
- Create build sheet PDF’s to fabricate unground frame, racks, conduits, JB and panels
- Create record drawings
Cutting edge technology
Sprig maintains a qualified staff of BIM and Engineer designers who work with the latest technology to deliver comprehensive models to our clients. Sprig has invested in the following products to furnish our models: Revit, NavisWork, Bluebeam, AEC, 360 Collaborate Pro, 360 Glue, Evolve MEP, Design Master Electrical, Ideate Apps, Ideate Explore, and Procore. With these products, we can work with our field electricians to assist our BIM team with complete and accurate models for an efficient installation.